TAKE THE PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE
HOURS & LOCATIONSite Acts developers all work remotely from across the US and Canada. Most of us work from our home offices, but some of us prefer to rent office space or work at a coworking facility. We do our best to accommodate the unique schedule and work-style requirements of our people, but because our work is highly collaborative within project teams, it’s important that everyone have a reasonable amount of overlap with traditional middle-of-the-day business hours. This means that we’re not a suitable option for anyone looking to pick up a handful of night & weekend moonlighting hours. We’re only considering developers who are able to regularly work 30 or more billable hours per week.
TOOLS & INFRASTRUCTUREBeing a distributed company is built into Site Acts’s DNA — we’ve acquired, built, and stumbled across tools and practices that let us work efficiently and productively.
COLLABORATION & TEAMSWe prefer to work with relatively small project teams at Site Acts. Every project consists of at least a project manager/developer, with additional assistance from our QA and design departments as needed. Project Managers are responsible for:
- All technical communications with the client
- Collaborating with clients to define and specify the project’s requirements
- Breaking milestone requirements into higher level features, and further
- subdividing features into well-defined development tasks
- Assigning tasks to developers on the team (and verifying that tasks are completed correctly and completely)
- Working with the client to sequence the feature requirements into a series of iterative milestone plans
- Managing the project’s budget
Site Acts has been designing and developing innovative custom software since 2002. We have built software for over 5000 clients from a diverse set of industries including education, aerospace, music technology, consumer electronics, entertainment, financial services, and more. Coding the impossible.